We recommend that our patients come in for cleanings and checkups every six months, or more often if they have special needs. Regular dental visits are very important to keep your teeth healthy and catch any issues before they become problems.
In addition to having a healthy smile, here are a few more reasons to stay up-to-date on dental checkups. Medical studies have shown that:
- People who take care of their teeth live longer.
- Periodontal (gum) disease is linked to many serious conditions such as heart attacks, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease and even breast cancer.
- Americans are going to the Emergency Department for tooth pain and other dental problems that could have been avoided with regular checkups at a fraction of the cost.
Our office uses a DEXIS digital X-ray system that has revolutionized our approach to diagnosing and treating patients, enabling us to pinpoint any issues even earlier. Compared to traditional X-ray systems, this digital system offers:
- Far superior images that Dr. Nobile can manipulate to more accurately and quickly diagnosis dental issues, and to easily show patients any issues
- Two-thirds less radiation exposure
- More comfortable X-rays
- Virtually immediate access to images, meaning no waiting time for films to develop
- Safer for the environment, with no chemical disposal